Since 1987 I have been helping people reduce stress and improve the quality of their lives offering Ayurveda Health Care. As a Highly Sensitive Person, I have found that the practice and rituals of Ayurveda to be a perfect fit for sensitives because there are specific tools that soothe and quiet the nervous system. Whether it is a diet that helps settle the mind and body, ancient rituals that keep one physically and emotionally in balance, or herbal products that help with over thinking and over stimuli. I am also a psychotherapist associate and Emotion Coach which enables us to work together addressing some of the emotional challenges that HSP’s have such as self-esteem, self-criticism, shyness or shame, perfectionism, and distraction. Our environment, workplace, relationships, and lifestyle habits play a part in the bigger picture of one’s mental and physical health. In this way, my approach is integrative and holistic. I have had specialized training with a variety of Ayurvedic Healers including personal guidance with the late master healer, Vaidya Ramakant Mishra from 1997 to 2016, Maharishi European University, and certified by Bhavana Institute of Yoga and Ayurveda and a registered Ayurveda Practitioner with the Ayurveda Association of Practitioners of North America. I been offering Ayurvedic Body Treatments since 1991 as a panchakarma specialist as well as taught Ayurveda as an approved continuing education teacher with the NBMTBW.
I graduated with a masters degree in Counseling Psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute located in Santa Barbara, California. The focus of the counseling program was on a Depth or Psychodynamic model as well as training in evidenced-based therapies, child, family, and Emotionally Focused Couples therapy. The training also focused on Shadowwork, our hidden unconscious as well as contact with psyche which is often called soul which is yearning for expression in daily life. Additional training over the years was focused on Shadow Work, Hakomi, Co-Dependency, Drama Therapy, Inner Child Work, and Voice Dialogue. I did my counseling as a trainee at John F. Kennedy Counseling Center in Oakland California in which I treated many people of diversity, age, and race suffering from anxiety, depression, attachment wounds, marital problems, LBGT challenges, and trauma. In addition, I worked with adults and children with high functioning autism as a registered California State Intern in Sacramento. I also worked as a counselor in Recovery Services in Ashland Oregon. Currently, I am in private practice and offer in person and online Ayurveda and Psychotherapy Services.
My history includes:
- Studied Vedic Sciences at Maharishi International University 1981-1984.
- Completed Transcendental Meditation Teacher Training, Holland 1987
- Ayurveda Practitioner Training Course, Vlodrop Holland, 1991 with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.
- Co-Founder of former Seattle Maharishi Ayurveda Health and Pancha Karma Center, 1989 to 1993.
- Received Ayurvedic Advanced Educator Certification from Bhavana Institute of Ayurveda and Yoga 2008.
- Registered Ayurveda Practitioner with the Ayurveda Association of Professionals for North America
- Shaka Vansiya Ayurveda Health Practitioner
- Student of Ayurvedic Healer, Vaidya Ramakant Mishra since 1997
- Continuing education with Dr. Rishi in Ayurveda Health Home, Kathmandu Nepal
- Voice Dialogue Training with Tamara Stone
- Served as a consultant to Indus Valley Ayurveda Health Center in Mysore, India 2013
- Faculty of Ayurvedic Education at Healing Arts Institute from 2011 to 2014 Sacramento California
- Approved continuing education teacher by the National Certification Board of Massage Therapists and Body Workers.
- Graduate from California Institute of Integral Studies,
- Graduate from Pacifica Graduate Institute, Masters in Counseling Psychology with a focus on Depth (2017)
Areas of Expertise:
Depression, Powerlessness Anxiety, Trauma/Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Divorce/Marital Problems Loss/Grief Career/Financial Stress Performance Anxiety ( School, Job settings, Ayurvedic lifestyle counseling, sleep disorders, digestive and elimination problems, skin problems, detoxification.
Above everything, I care about helping people change their lives for the better. If you are seeking a more positive relationship with yourself, with your physical body, emotional body, and with other people, I know how to help!