Bonita Carol, founder of Bliss Ayurveda, will be offering an Advanced Ayurveda Studies program based on her many years mentoring with Vaidya Mishra of the Shaka Vansya Lineage. The study can be long distance and some hours will be required in person depending on your choice of study. The program is for those who have already completed a core Ayurveda curriculum and want to deepen their Ayurvedic practice to serve as the next essential step toward the 1000-hour Ayurveda Health Practitioner certificate with the Association of Ayurveda Practitioners of North America (AAPNA. Org). It is also for practitioners who want to deepen and gain confidence in their practice.
Bonita is an approved continuing education provider by NCBMTBW (National Certification Board of Massage Therapists and Body Workers). Hours that students participate in the studies and/or are a massage therapist versed in Ayurveda will be awarded continuing education hours according to each module. For those still needing the core Ayurveda program, a 500 hour curriculum will be offered through Healing Arts Institute in Citrus Heights, a California State Approved school and also serves as a dual cert in massage therapy. I will be starting a new class in Feb. 2014.
The Advanced Studies will begin at the end of January, dates will be announced. You may also schedule your studies by appointment according to your convenience by phone or skype if you are from out of town.
The program will draw on Bonita’s 24 years as an Ayurveda Health Educator and 16 years in clinical PK Ayurvedic setting. She studied with Ayurveda and Vedic studies with Vaidya Mishra, Dr. Koriela, Dr. KrishnaTalavane, and Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. She is a life long student and practitioner of a transpersonal coaching method called Voice Dialogue, a licensed massage therapist, esthetician, and author of Natural Approaches to Weight Loss with Ayurveda.
You will deepen your knowledge and experience:
· Assist you in protocols for your existing clients
· Develop understanding and confidence in doing assessments
· Pulse Diagnosis
· Emotional Processing
· Treatment protocols
· Herbal formulas
· Disease Management
· Scope of Practice
· Advanced Ethics
· Personal guidance in one’s health and balance
· Cooking (in person)
· Pancha Karma is a separate full time training to announced with APTKA
1. Must have completed or be currently enrolled in an Ayurvedic practitioner or health educator program (minimum 1 year). Or you can take our standard test to test out of it if you have had other training.
2. Must have a personal daily meditation practice. I offer courses in Turiya Meditation for an additional fee if you have not already learned. Ayurveda is based on the experience of consciousness and inner silence. In order to feel the pulse, a quiet awareness is required.
3. Dedicate 4 to 6 hours per month toward Advanced Study.
4, Helpful, but not required, have been through a week of in residence pancha karma treatments.
7. Be willing to take recommended Ayurveda herbal and lifestyle prescriptions and invest in yourself and your health.
Course fee: $200 per month or $50 per hour. There will be three to four classes or appointments per month. You will also get continuing education credit for internship hours, practice, and applied knowledge or class projects. The total amount of credit hours per month is 20 hours unless you come up with an alternative plan. We can develop a personalized study map on your first appointment to assess where you would like to strengthen your skills.
Schedule of studies to follow soon or please make a personal request of what you desire to learn. Please contact Bonita at 530 401 8627 Have a great holiday and hope to see you soon.