The experience of emotional and mental balance in Ayurveda is called Sattvavijayanti. A Sattvavijayanti Session addresses the mind, emotions, behavior, relationships, sleep, and mental potential. It helps support an experience of silent witnessing and the capacity to enjoy a more unified perception. It helps to lessen the experience of being overshadowed with a part of the self that is suffering in some way. This over identification according to Ayurveda is called pragyaparada – mistaking wholeness for fragmentation. Even one session can help bring a deeper sense of ease and inner knowing.
What are the Benefits? It helps to increase self awareness and expansion of consciousness. It helps to lessen over identifying with parts of our self that seem to get triggered and as a result we react less and experience more freedom.In addition:
- Balances emotions: reduction of fear, shame, anger, grief, confusion, and sadness.
- Better memory and mental clarity
- Spiritual development, transcendence
- Increases joy and freedom, addresses addiction
- Improves sleep
- improves relationships
What happens in a emotion coaching session?
A session consists of a dialogue between the various aspects of the self and body with the gentle and unobtrusive guidance from the facilitator. The guiding intelligence of the client guides the session for shifts of awareness at his/her own pace and level of safety. Depending on the individual, Sattvavijayanti sessions may also include a thorough assessment including pulse reading to investigate the source of discomfort. From there, depending on the nature and source of the issues some methods that may be included are:
- Voice Dialogue Facilitation
- Specific Panchakarma Therapies may be recommended
- Daily routine guidelines and conduct
- The role of Ayurvedic herbs, diet and nutrition for mind and emotions
- Turiya Meditation, Yoga, and Pranayama may be recommended
- Medical doctor may be recommended in specific cases
- Environment is taken into consideration (EMF, Vastu)
- Spiritual – Ramayana, Pilgrimage, Nature, and Prayer.
Who would benefit from a session?
- It helps people who are triggered by someone or something
- Anyone who has been on a personal growth path for a long time and still feels like ‘something’ is missing.
- Individuals suffering from indecision, confusion, disconnectedness, sleep problems, co-dependence or overshadowing emotions that take over.
- It helps people who have physical health problems that have its source in emotional or mental issues.
- various addictions
What emotion coaching is not:
It is neither psychotherapy nor a substitute for psychotherapy, but can be used in conjunction with therapy. It is not a substitute for allopathic medicine. Sattvajayanti sessions do not push beliefs, manipulate or confront. It is not body work but involves communication with the body. See testimonies page.
Balanced doshas and abundant ojas create: Bliss, Enthusiasm, Clarity, Creativity, Support, Ease, Safety, Calm, Acceptance, Abundance, Forgiveness, Honesty, Connection, Presence, Joy, Full Happy Heart, Transcendence, Self-confidence, Stability, Peace, and Harmony.
Excess Vata (air and space) : anxiety, fear, restlessness, insomnia, unfocused, poor memory, over stimulated, unstable, addiction, inconsistent behavior.
Excess Pitta (water and fire): anger, aggression, irritability, lack of contentment, insomnia, critical, violence, controlling, obsessive, addictive, jealousy, manic.
Excess Kapha (earth and water) possessive, shame, depression, inability to let go of old emotions, heavy, dull, non motivated, indecisive. lethargic, undirected.